Lately the discussion has come up "who is the most beautiful screen legend of all?" Someone nominated Audrey Hepburn, and although I love her and would put her amongst my favorite actresses, I cannot think of her as anything more that "cute" in appearance. Others might think of Bardot or Raquel Welch or even Elizabeth Taylor...Nah, not for me. Now I believe a list is in order and so the order goes like this:
1. Grace Kelly- No one comes close, past or present
2. Lana Turner- see Johnny Eager- perfect!
3. Rita Hayworth- If you've seen The Shawshank Redemption you know what I mean!
4. Maureen O'Hara- Fiery, classy and gorgeous!
5. Anita Ekberg- More of a pinup than actress.
6. Claudia Cardinale- Italian bombshell before Monica Belucci
7. Natalie Wood- Ironically she played Maureen O'Hara's daughter in Miracle on 34th St.
8. Ginger Rogers- Beautiful eyes. Amazing dancer.
9. Marilyn Monroe- duh!
10. Sophia Loren- Another Italian bombshell. Like a fine Italian wine she only gets better with age.
And for the record I also love Barbara Stanwyck and Ingrid Bergman. Any other favorites I left out?