Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I like steel guitar

(Saving Private Ryan wins "favorite Tom Hanks movie" by a landslide! Thanks for voting.)


I like steel guitar!


And what is up with the hate for 50s music? Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Ritchie Valens, Jerry Lee Lewis , Little Richard, Miles Davis, John Coletrane, Carl Perkins, Ray Charles...the BIRTH of Rock n' Roll??? You voted it the "decade with the worst music"....inexplicably.

I can see why the 80s wasn't picked "worst decade of music" with acts like Milli Vanilli, Michael Bolton, Debbie Gibson, New Kids on the Block, Roxette, Rick Astley, Pointer Sisters, Wang Chung, Bryan Adams, J. Geils Band, Loverboy, Eddie Money, and more crappy hair bands than I care to name. Not to mention the saxophone elevator music in nearly every movie that decade.

And which decade won "Best music"...the 1980s tied with the 1970s. In spite of all the horrible disco, the 70s did produce some of the best music, so no argument, but the 80s? C'mon people!

But thanks for your participation.

2 comments:

irishfunk said...

For the vote, it's a toss up between Turner and Hooch and Angels and Demons, though he didn't make a bad FBI agent in Catch me if you Can...

Dignan said...

Funny thing is I haven't seen either of those movies but I love him in Catch Me If You Can