Saturday, March 1, 2008

Daylight Award: Best Picture

I have decided to limit the choices to the last 25 years and there are some very worthy contenders in that time frame.

Fargo
Dances With Wolves
Braveheart
Saving Private Ryan
Goodfellas

O, Brother Where Art Thou?
Rushmore
The Shawshank Redemption
The Lord of the Rings trilogy

and many, many more.

But when I think of the most powerful film in this era and one of the greatest films ever in any era the choice was simple....

The Daylight Award for "The Best Picture of this generation" goes to:



Schindler's List

Spielberg's greatest achievement is difficult to watch more than once but has an impact like few films can because it is true. I must confess that I cannot watch the end without a few tears. I can't believe I don't own it on DVD! Anyway, that does it for this year's Daylight Awards.

No comments: